The relatively small territory of the village surprises with existence of 4 cultural monuments with 8 monumental objects. In the Central register of cultural heritage of the Slovak republic, there are the following sights of the village:
I. The St. Ladislav Church Nr. 1470/0
The church was built by Laszlo Hunyadi, the landlord of the town, secretary of Hungarian courtly Office. He called masters from Vienna.
The foundation stone was laid on May 31, 1718. It was sanctified by titular Bishop and canonist of Nitra Laszlo Szörenyi. Two years later, the structural building was erected. In 1721, the church was sanctified by provost from Esztergom, György Ginanyi. Two years later, Laszlo Hunyadi was buried at the tomb of the church.
According to literary and archive sources, the church was built at a place of former Gothic church, from which a part of circumferential wall of the sanctuary had been preserved. The first reconstruction of the church was done in 1750 – 51. The wall around the cemetery was rebuilt and also the clock at the tower was repaired. When was the sacristy built, the archive sources don’t mention it. It is supposed to happen during first reconstruction. In 1830, the church was robbed. Plenty of valuable sacral articles were stolen. Probably in the end of 19 – beginning of 20th century, the chapel was built. At about half of the 20th century, painting of the church was realized and the extension – nowadays storage place with toilets – was built. In the second half of the 20th century, the lee at the SW entrance was built. In 2000, the heating system was built by adding radiators under the benches. A year later, the wooden stairs at the tower were replaced by steel ones. In 2003, renovation of the church took place: repainting of the interior, replacing of wooden windows by plastic ones with double glass padding, building of toilets, resurfacing of the roof with red tin cover.
During years 2009 -11, the facade was being renovated including dehumidification of the walls up to 1 m from the ground level, the roof was repainted into gray colour and the clock at the tower was repaired.
II. The Manor House with park Reg. No. 1469/1-2
Monumental object No.1 – the Manor House
The history of the Manor House is connected with the times after the end of Turkish wars, when displaced people started to return into their homes, together with many of new settlers and immigrants. At that times, the name of Hunyadi family appeared for the first time in village named Urmin (now Mojmirovce). Its first members, landlords Andras and Laszlo Hunyadi, came to Urmin in 1975. They gradually acquired the biggest properties and therefore they became the richest family in the village. In 1721, Imre Hunyady built a big manor house in baroque style. Later, after a fire, it was rebuilt in classical style.
The pride of the Hunyadi’s was the stud, where noble breeds of Arabian, Italian and Spanish horses were bred.
In 1814, the first horserace of Austrian – Hungarian Empire took place in Urmin. It was organized by Jozsef Hunyadi in accordance with modern rules. 13 horses raced on 2600 meters long track. The most famous horse from the Urmin breeding was a horse named Tajar (1811-1830), which became from Egypt and was the fundamental member of warm –blooded horses in Hungary and won the race. The skeleton of Tajar is placed at Vet Museum in Vienna. After WW II., the last members of Hunyadi family left the residency in Mojmirovce. The Manor House after that was used for various proposes : after the liberation, there were temporary military barracks at the buildings. After they leaving, some apartments for teachers, ambulances for doctors and a pub was established there. In 1953, the building became a place for elementary school and till the end of the 1960s the building was abounded and decayed. In 1974, the Manor House became the property of Consumer Cooperative of Slovakia and after extensive reconstruction it has been a residence of Kastiel Mojmirovce Hotel, Education Institute of COOP and the Mojmir Foundation.
From the nearly ruins of the former stud, a modern Congress and Hotel Centre was built and in renovated areas of the Manor House, there is a restaurant, wine cellar with wide selection of wines not only from Mojmirovce can be found. There are also several education rooms, apartments, rooms, relax centre and a firing range at underground spaces of ancient underground vaulted cellar.
Monumental object No.2 – the Park
Besides of the Manor House, a part of lordship of the Hunyadi family was also an extensive park with plenty of exotic trees, bushes and plants, which belonged to most beautiful parks in Upper Hungary – Slovakia.
A rarity of it was the greenhouse – a botanical garden, which regrettably has not been preserved.
The park was established in nature-country style, although nowadays the former composition is readable only at its south part. In front of the southern frontage of the Manor House, there is a regular motive shaped from boxwood with a fountain in the middle. Park at the northern part has a character of forest cover, the open meadow areas disappeared and in the coppice structure we cannot find any principle of the nature – country style creation.
The relief of the park is plain, only in the SE part a little elevation rises, on which a dendrological peculiarity grows - fraxinus excelsior Diversofilia – an ash of epic proportions. The Manor House is eccentrically placed within the park. The farmyard, which is situated in central part of the whole complex, was bounded from the representative area of the park and from the Manor House by two mirror-oriented buildings of stud. The SW building was sanitised in 1950s and at that place a boiler for the Manor House was built. The SE building serves as a congress centre. From other buildings of the Manor House, the greenhouse is that worth mentioning, which followed the SW wing of the main building. After WW II., the greenhouse was dismantled and sold.
In the SE tip of the park, there was an artesian well with a small pool and gazebo. None of them has been preserved. The original net of footpaths has disappeared. In southern part, the footpaths were restored during reconstruction in the 1980s.
The S part of the park is fenced by up-to-date forged fence; the N part is freely accessible.
III. The Mansion with Grounds Reg. No. 11774/1-3
(The ‚Smoll Manor House‘, Country Seat of earl Aldobrandini )
Monumental object No.1 – the Mansion
The Mansion was built in the middle of the 19th century and in second half of the same century it was rebuilt. The original material, placing, architectural and visual solution has been preserved in extensive measure. At the beginning of the 20th century, the cover of the roof was replaced by asbestos – concrete one and probably on the SW and NW facade, the window apertures were rebuilt on entrance aperture with cassette double winged filling.
Simultaneously some other apertures inside were replaced and in some rooms, the flooring was replaced. At the same time, a chain-link fence with gate was built, which highlights the SW border of the plot.
At about middle of the 20th century, guttering and decorative tinsmith elements were added to the building. In the 2nd half of the 20th century, some changes in shapes of windows and their replacing were realized. Also a new chimney was built in SE part of the building and a new roof window. Electricity net was established inside the object.
Monumental object No.2 - the PARK
The surrounding area of the Mansion on a military map dated 1839 is aligned and is connected with park at the manor House. This connection is clear from cadastral maps dated 1857 and 1891 as well. The park originally had a circle motive in front of the mansion on SW side (School Street). Nowadays, the park is truncated on SW side by blocks built on original area of the park. The composition of the trees has been changed; nevertheless some original individuals have survived. Also the chestnut alley is still readable along the street. In bad health condition survives an original individual of ash (Fraxinus excelsior), two individuals of spruce, (Picea abies) and some individuals of huge lime-trees (Tilia cordata).
Monumental object No. 3 - the Fence and the Gate
The fence bounders the park from the SW side and it is parallel to SW facade of the mansion and also with the street. The gate is situated between parts of the fence at the street.
IV. The Machine Mill Reg. No. 11824/1-2
Monumental object No.1 – the Machine Mill
The building of the Mill The office
Originally, the area of current mill was formed with 2 huge granaries, probably earl property. On a map from military mapping dated 1839, on a section of a terrier map from 1857 and on a terrier map from 1892, on the territory of current mill area, an area is plotted, which consist of objects situated similar to current objects, but with larger footprint. Based on this it is supposed to be the object of granary, the current objet of the mill and residential building.
In 1926, Sebastian Ondra, a miller from Slavkov, Moravia bought the mill and tackled its reconstruction. He remodelled one of the object into a mill, the second one into a granary and a house for his family. In the mill, the journeymen and apprentices had their room there, who often overslept in it.
The whole mill was powered by a combustion engine, since there was no electricity in the village. The engine powered a dynamo as well, which has not been preserved. Thanks to this dynamo, the mill and the house had electricity. The engine powered also a pump, which ladled water into cooling system and for the house. It is said, that even the countess wanted water from the system.
In 1932, electricity was installed into the village and the combustion engine was replaced by an electric one. It was used only in limited measure.
After WWII, the miller planned to increase the capacity of the mill. But year 1948 came and the mill was nationalized and added to Nitra Mills.
In 1965, the mill was shifted under Collective farming. The mills for grinding were sealed and the mill had been used only for scrapping until the end of 1970s.
After the restitutions the object was returned to original owners. They repaired the leaks, replaced the roof; the tiles were replaced by tin and the roof dormers were replaced by ventilation windows. The mill is closed nowadays, not in use at all. The house is adapted for living for the owners.
Monumental object No.2 - the Technological Equipment
The technological equipment from 1926 is almost completely preserved.
Other objects of heritage interest
Roman – Catholic pastorate /Baroque style building/
St. Urban Chapel – patron of wine - dressers
Statues of St. Ján Nepomucký at the pastorate and at the stream
Pestilental Column /classicism/
Stable at the Park – rebuilt as a congress centre
The Jewish Cemetery