The first written allusion of the village is from 1156 (skeleton sepulture, Slovan skeleton burial place from the 11th century). Among the original names of the village belong the Ylmer (1156), Ilmur (1275), terra Illmer castri Zolgagyeriensis (1277), Urmín (1808) and Mojmírovce (1948) names.
The village belonged to squire family of Ilmer - Ürmenyi, in 16-th century to the Ghyczys, Révays, in the 19th century to the Bossánis, Tarnóczys and Aldobrandinis. After the battle at Mohach, the Turks got to southwest Slovakia. The border with Osman Empire was done by Cedron Stream (also Cabaj Stream) at village Poľný Kesov. As a result of depredation, the inhabitants of affected villages built some underground corridors for their defence. The corridors connected the individual settlements and in Mojmírovce, they ended at the north near the Karol vineyards. In the 16th century, the village was attacked both by the Turks and the Caesars army. In the 17th century, the village was inhabited by Hungarian kalvins and later by settlers from Sweden. Since 1698, Mojmírovce has developed as a landlord city with trade rights.
In 1694, Anton Grassalkovich, an eminent personality was born in our village. After his studies of law and economy, he got to Maria Teresa Kingdom, where he achieved a distinguished position.
Besides of economic and law efficiency, he was a desirer of culture and architecture. In Slovakia, he left behind a palace in Bratislava, which is the residence of the President at the present. Also Castle at Ivanka pri Dunaji, Church at Komjatice, St. Ladislav Church in Nitra are his buildings. Other buildings are in Hungary, from which the Castle in Gödöllő is the most famous.
In the 18th century, the village became a centre of lordship of the Hunyadies. The Appels were the bailiffs of their manor.
The Hunyadies were well-known travellers. They started to grow potato, to breed good-class sheep of Merino, established a qualitative breeding of generous horses. That times, also some Jews – merchants settled at the village and built a synagogue / does not exist nowadays/. Also the first information comes on Romas.
In the 19th century, a golden age of handicraft was observed at the village. In 1871, there were 44 handcrafters, boot makers at highest number of them. A credit association, a sparkling wine factory and a brickyard were established at the village. Also a slaughter – house and a brewery existed here at that time.
The 20th century – except for WW II. – was carried in sings of development, modernisation and building. That needs to mention the electrification, gasification, building of the sewage plant, establishment of regional elementary school, construction of local communications and sidewalks. The village had noticed a considerable development of agriculture as well.
After transformation of the whole society in 1989, a massive development of business enterprising has been observed. Small workplaces with about ten employees, small services, education and trade networks has been established. In the 90´s of the 20th century, a brand new company was established on the “green meadow” - Tauris Nitria Ltd. In appearance of remote agricultural tradition at the village, modernisation and development at this field has been remarkable.